I just borrowed a pencil from my neighbour and began to write. I had a lot of impressions from this trip and our Etsy meeting. I took a great decision to go to Amsterdam, to meet my Etsy friends and to participate in Sunday Market in Westerpark.
We laught a ton, shared experiences and livings, had a lot of fun togeather.
I learned some interesting things and wanted to share with you:
- Netherlands means "Low lands" - is very plane, humid and green country.
- the Name of Amsterdam airport is Schiphol.
- People from Netherlands and a lot of Belgian people speak the same language - Dutch. But don't worry if you don't understand it, almost everybody speaks English!
- Don't be shy and be ready for kisses! :) Dutch people are more generous than Spanish in this aspect, they will give you 3 kisses instead of 2! ;)
SweeSwiedebie, Brenda L'Indecise, Mitsy ArtMind, Greet FleurFatale
-Water and boats are things dutch people have in the blood! Cities are surrounded by water, canals and bridges are everywhere...oh..it couldn't be more romantic!
-Take out on the street, on the bank of the canal your table and chairs and call your friends for dinner if you want to experiment real dutch life living! And don't worry about the sunlight, at 23h it is still not dark! After 23h your carefull neighbour will give you some candles and matches, so you don't need to think about nothing!
-You will find a plenty of fresh juices, tasty cookies, a lot of Etsians, yummy bread filled with raisins and nuts and a ton of other amazing things!
-Don't be surprized if suddenly you find yourself in a warm atmosphere among Etsians, sitting in the bar and making felted soap!
- Be ready for the hot weather and for the refreshing rain. Take your raincoat with you.
- Can you imagine how Longshort street is?
- Don't forget to smile and to say Dank well! :)
At the end, I want to thank Marta Martice for the great organization and hospitality, Matt to be with us with the Etsy uniting and synergy power :) and Everybody to come and make this event so successfull and warm.
I go home with a wish to return back one day and ride by bike in Amsterdam!
P.S: you can see more pics from this travel here
Read other Etsian's stories about our meeting in Amsterdam in European Street Team Blog