3/17/2011

My creative space

One summer day I found this walking in the countryside in the neighbourhood. I was blown away by the beauty of these fragile poppies pods. I undestood I have to do somethning with this.
poppies
The idea converted into these pieces...brooches, and ring pieces in white-red and black-red.
glazing
I had to glaze them twice because the first time I put not enough glaze and it was a fallure.
Fallure - after first glazing
glazing
But now, I love them. Smooth and white and lovely.
Poppies brooch
Also these pieces are just perfect to participate in European Street team challenge hosted on Zsazsazsu Blog, the theme is Seeds and Pods.

Thanks for droping a peek! Discover more creative spaces on Kootoyoo Blog and have fun!

11 comments:

  1. Just blown away by them ! So damn pretty they are !

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove these - they look so shy ans lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Judit! :) Happy you love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pic Ana is really amazing and the idea you came up too!! Wonderful pieces! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow how pretty are they. the colors and detail at the top of the flowers is stunning. the pure white gloss backdrop sets it off nicely.

    kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so happy to have found your blog via Sandra's seeds and pods challenge.
    Your work, and blog, is too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Juanita, for your warm words! :D

    ReplyDelete