10/21/2011

New tote!

Let me introduce this ikat fabric I purchased last sunday. (See yesterdays post)

Roba de llegües ikat fabric
I decided to make few totes from it. I went to a local shop to find matching fabric and I found two absolutely wonderful colors: cocoa brown and khaki green. I decided to make 2 different totes. One - with brown outside and another one - with green.
new tote - making of
It's much more easier to cut fabrick for two bags together than doing it separatly. So I did so. I cut all the fabric. There is enough ikat to sew 3 totes.
new totes - making of
Combining colors new tote
Exciting moment - the first tote is here! Awww...I'll keep one for myself! :)
subtle greens
In my mind I made connections with other pieces I've made...I think they make a great combo together!

6 comments:

  1. lovely lovely lovely and the mosaic with all your work too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you, dear Sandra!!!! :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They compliment each other beautifully, such nice fabrics you have found. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Minna! I was very excited when I found just what I was looking for. And new fabric is always a little adventure, isnt'it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! yes i agree . i hunted my curtain fabric down for years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, Kathleen, it's a great feeling when one finds what he was looking for!

    ReplyDelete