2/17/2012

Carnaval, Australian peculiarities and kitchen experiments

 Well, these days I was busy on the kitchen, sewing my daughter's carnaval costume and taking care of my newest baby, my daughter (which sometimes is unbearably naughty...oh, teenagers!:)), my lttle sweet dictator of son ( NO and why? are his fav words right now) and my husband (which composes songs for a new cd now, so for the first time I live this exciting process very closely)...
  I was sewing a skirt for the first time. As it was a carnaval skirt I was relaxed about the final result. I remember when I was little girl, my mom sewn for me with patterns from Burda Moden. I loved Burda Moden, I read all the magazines from the first page untill the last one. All the articles beginning from the articles about Tampax and O.b. untill How to take care of parrots and plants, Christmas cookies receipes, every single picture and  photographies were scanned by me and some of them became my refferents...
I went to the hairdresser with Burda Moden to show the haircut I want and I dreamed to have the same look like the girl in a jean-skirt dirty in motor oil.....
Also I remember how terrified I felt myself looking on the piece of fabric and how I was afraid to cut it and to make a mistake, to broke it forever...
Now I know that the best things come out when I'm relaxed and let it flow, no hurries, no stress, have fun and enjoy...and don't be afraid.
So when I found this poster I loved it so much...
Many thanks to Feel Design to share this poster

So here are my kids yesterday before to go to school:
Oh yes, I almost forgot about accident with Australian custom.
Today I received a message from an Australian customer. She told me that parcel I've sent her was opened and all the organic things I put in were destroyed due to Australian quarantine laws.
When I pack my pebble jewelry I put some pine leaves on the bottom of the box and add some tamarisc cones. So now I know I shouldn't do it for the Astralian orders. And share my experience with you.

packaging
Here are some kitchen exaperiments...:)
I'm a big fan of auberginies and this week I tried to cook my first Escalivada. I discovered this delicious Catalan dish here on Mallorca and I fallen in love instantly.
It was easier then I imagined. Originally Escalivada is prepared from vegetables roasted on fire, but  you can do it in the common oven as well.


Punch auberginies, tomatoes (I didn't have tomatoes), red sweet peppers, onion and garlic and put some olive oil on the top. Put everything in the oven and bake it during about 1h and half at 180ºC turning vegetables around sometimes. (I did it once) (I made a mistake, I broken the garlic bulb and put cloves separately and almost all of them burnt. Put the entire bulb, just punch a bit every clove). Once vegetables are cooked and cold, peel them off and cut them along. Put them in a bowl all together , add salt, some fresh crushed garlic and olive oil. Enjoy! Keep it in a pot in the refrigerator. My pot is empty already. Escalivada with fresh bread is DELICIOUS!

Well, here we are.
I want to wish you a great day and wonderful week-end!
xo

yours,
Anastasia

P.S: discover more creative spaces on this blog>>

4 comments:

  1. Liked my lips reading this post. The sewed outfit suits your daughter perfectly ... I really do recognize the teenagenaughtiness in her look :-). Yep ... I have seen this already on tv about sending formerly 'living' things to Australia. I often used nuts and seeds too in my collection ... Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed this post--the photos and the food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely children dressed for the carnaval :D

    I liked the sentence "the best things come out when I'm relaxed and let it flow, no hurries, no stress, have fun and enjoy...and don't be afraid".

    Uouuuu your first escalivada? It seems really... yummy !! hehehe And great photos!

    ReplyDelete