4/04/2012

Sculpture project

This year our task in ceramic workshop was to try to make a big sculpture consisting of few pieces.
Everybody was completely free about the shape and kind of clay to choose.
I decided to look for a simple shape and make a kind of tower.
 4/365
When I began I wanted to make a straight tower, but then I improvised and added a fancy chapeau on the top ;)

4/365
 Look at this giant cactus!!!
4/365
Even my piece turned out not too big, mission was completed. 4/365
Fired piece, transported home.sculpture
OMG! It began to bloom! the top finished with pearls the top finished with pearls the top finished with pearls the top finished with pearls the top finished with pearls
Do you love clay? Check what everybody is doing on Mud Colony

13 comments:

  1. Really pretty! I have always loved the rough look of the 'chamotte' clay but I never enjoyed working with it myself. I love irregular shapes! Nice work, Anastasia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mitsy&Annemiek! :)
    I love chamotte clay bc of it's texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture! And I love the archaic form, the nobelness of this piece. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work Anastasia,and thank you for sharing the details of your sculpture..love it!
    My large handbuilt pieces always end up looking VERY strange , so well done..oh and i like the catcus !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE clay, I have worked with clay and miss it all the time, need to go back :)
    Your piece is a calm simple pure beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Anastasia! The contrast between the rough red clay and the white pearls is exquisite! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting to see your sculpture, nice work :)
    Sadhana

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful! I would love to get into clay and ceramics more but have yet to find somewhere nearby to teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of natural clay, this one looks like a good one for sculpture. Your's choice is great love the natural shape and rough surface.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's lovely, I haven't touched clay for years. Feeling all inspired now though :)

    ReplyDelete