8/19/2012

Friendship




Me and Cristina, we met when we were 7 years old. I saw this mulatta girl at school and since then we had to be friends forever.
We studied at school together, played in a basketball team and went to the art school together. We missed choir lessons playing in the garden or on the snowy hill in winter. We dreamed about her future travel to Africa together and about other things...Actually we were inseparable until we graduated from university and worked some time in different departments of the same hotel. Cristina is the person with whom I laugh most of all. We know each other so well...

IMG_2689_1


Now, we live in thousands of kilometres one from each other.

IMG_2698_1

IMG_2699_1
IMG_2706_1
IMG_2742_1 pastissos de Ca'n Roca

7 comments:

  1. Distance never stands in the way of friendship... you'll be connected forever! Friendships like these are rare and beautiful! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post--I loved the series of photos connected with the text...artistic and with feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful and touching....photos, words and yours lovely friendship...
    You are lucky girls!xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xx ... awe .. great post!!! ... you make me miss my best bud ♦ treasure your time together .. you smiles shine through!!!
    My son (age 15) saw the photo of the yummies and just about jumping into the picture! mmmmm .. mmmm .. mmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful friendship you and cristina share.

    my dear far-away-friend sent me this long ago:

    "No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth." – Robert Southey

    the pastries & coffee... mmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post. I hope you guys still keep in touch and cherish the memories of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute story!
    And photos are beautiful.
    I love Robert Southey's quote. INDEED!

    ReplyDelete