10/30/2012

#HelloEtsy12

Hello Etsy is an event where people meet, share and have fun. One year ago it has been organized in Berlin, this year it was cleverly and organically embedded into Dutch design week celebrated in Eindhoven, Holland.

I enjoyed meeting people I knew virtually through Etsy and people I have never met before and of course to meet Marta, Matt, Mitsy, Nicole, Liesbeth and Eduard again!

Thank you, Marta , for organizing everything so well - it was in such a right place - cozy, beautiful and warm!

Everyhing happend in the building of Piet Hein Eek - talented Dutch furniture designer and producer.
The room was fillen with calling my attention, handmade from recycled materials, vintage and very different chairs and benches, tables and huge handmade lampshades and with creative people, of course! -  a very Etsy environment! :)



 (Photo by and with permission of Yann Pendaries ©)

I enjoyed the speakers wich have been invited by Etsy a lot:
Janine Vangool - graphic designer and creator of Uppercase magazine. Janine shared with us her inspiring story. You can find the lifestream video HERE

I've fallen in love with Diana van Ewijk and with her sense of humor :) She is fabulous ( and I told her that :))
Find the video with her "How to DIY marketing" speech  HERE

Check as well Satish Kumar speech HERE as well. It was simply beautiful.
 (Photo by and with permission of Yann Pendaries ©)

Here are some pictures from the event...
Yann - taking pictures :)
Judith de Graaf - Dutch graphic designer living in Paris, me and Marie - French fashion designer and the person behind Malam!
It was exciting to meet Malam and her husband Yann in person, I knew their creative work from Etsy.
The most incredible of this meeting for me was that Marie speaks Russian very well! It was fun and I just couldn't believe that! haha!
(Photo by and with permission of Yann Pendaries ©)

 A tender moment when Marta holds Julie on her hands :)

 Here - Marie, and "Sisters" - Ashley and lovely Thea - one of the founders and creator of an online magazine for  women Sister based in Berlin.
 (Photo by and with permission of Yann Pendaries ©)

I also met Anne - the person behind Magalerie, it was fun to put face to the shop I already knew! and Annemiek - the person behind Two trees Belgium
Marijke - with whom I shared hotel room  is an artist and  yarn studio owner, as well as a great mother and just a beautiful woman.We spoke a lot and found a lot of things in common!
I also met Simone, Anna,  another Anna, Annabel.

Good food, delicious cupcakes, hot tea and coffe didn't miss as well as a glass of wine at the end of the event. I enjoyed a lot!
  (Photo by and with permission of Yann Pendaries ©)

Find more pictures from the envent HERE!

The next day I went to Amsterdam to visit my friend  Lorena - the person behind Gemagenta, designer and creator of beautiful jewelry. Well deserved Lorena has been featured in Etsy Blog not long time ago. 
I was so happy to meet her in person! We shared so much nice moments together :)
 
 All this was about meeting people and sharing stories, experiences and good vibes.
Next Hello Etsy event is planning in the end of March in New York, don't miss it ;)!





11 comments:

  1. Beautiful images, Anastasia!
    I'm so sorry I didn't get to spent much time with you! The little muppet kept me busy but at least we got to exchange a few words hey! Glad you came and enjoyed it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you too, finally in real life :)
    Glad you had a good trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we see so much of yann's work on etsy, i love that you captured him snapping pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was wonderful to meet you at Hello Etsy, Anastasia! And so funny to hear you speak Russian with Marie. No idea what you were talking about, but it sounded good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed to get to know you Anastasia! Thanks for not only sharing the costs of the hotel but also your hart!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Qué buena experiencia Anastasia!!! Gracias por compartir! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice report Anastasia! I hope to see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so good to meet you briefly and thanks so much for linking to our issue. I hope you like it!! Have a wonderful day and hope to hear from you again. Yours, Thea // sisterMAG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oчень приятно было встретится :) Спасибо за упоминание ;) Мне очень нравится фотку Яна, фотограф сфотографирован хахаха
    Надеюсь, увидимся ещё раз !

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was really lovely to chat for a quick minute! I had such a wonderful day there, and your recap is great!

    ReplyDelete