10/13/2012

In the studio - a bit of everything

I collected my pieces from the kiln last week. Here are bangles, beads, parts of the earrings, rings or pendants and a chain necklace. Oh, also a twig necklace(on the bottom) abouth which I'm quiet excited!
I sand each piece properly before the pit-firing to give it smooth finish... IMG_5106_1
These rings-pendants are already sanded... IMG_4919_1
 Ceramic dust - looks like snow :) IMG_5101_1
Red brick color beads are fired as well...I'll make some necklaces out.
Yesterday I was making some twig clasps - this time from lemon tree twigs... IMG_5118_1
These tiny beauties go great with turquoise and red jasper! Yep!
By the way you can find more ceramic work on Mud Colony blog!
IMG_4966_1
Another pouch is on the way... IMG_5119_1

Here we go! IMG_5127_1

Stamping wrapping paper...aaaand wrapping the pouch... IMG_5132_1


Ready to go! IMG_5134_1

I had a visit - a little elf brought me some pomegranate! :)IMG_5125_1

5 comments:

  1. looks very promising this new ceramic collection !
    What a sweet elf !

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found you from Mud Colony, I look forward to more of your posts and maybe some pics of those beads and rings when they are made into jewellery :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am here via Mud Colony. Like Anna I hope to see some of your finished pieces.
    At the risk of sounding like (s)mother....I do hope you are wearing a mask when sanding?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your detailed photos, and it shows how much work is involved in the creative process. That little elf steals my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work in progress ♦ the turquoise is exquisite with the red clay!
    Simply Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete