11/21/2013

I want to introduce you someone very special...


I want to introduce you someone very special - my friend Catie.

Missy and Catie - best friends
I met Catie on Etsy and we connected very easily. Catie is a mother of three kids, she is blogger, gourmet and an excellent chef, vegetarian, an artist and a person with a big heart. I admire her way of living and sometimes, when I read her blog, I think I wouldn't mind if she adopts me as a fourth child :) Everything that Catie does is so smart, yummy, cozy and loaded with love.

Not very long time after we met  Catie purchased two of my Ray of light necklaces - one for her best friend Missy and another one for herself. Catie told me that Missy was fighting with cancer for 7 1/2 years already.
It struck my heart deeply and also I felt thankful for inviting me and my creations into their friendship.
I read a lot about Missy on Catie's blog and spoke a lot with Catie about her. I'm so sorry Missy lost the battle, last spring she passed away...

I had an impression that Missy was a very happy person, mother, wife. She was light. Strong. Kind. She loved much and she was surrounded by loving people.
Catie told me that Missy had this sticker on her car:


Here Catie blogs about this: http://five-ten-fifteen.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/why-be-normal.html
I've got an exact sticker like that one on my car too, because Catie came for a visit and gifted me few of them.
Yes, Catie came for a visit, from Idaho, US to Mallorca. Yes she did!
Last winter Catie told me they were planning a travel to Europe with her daughter Marian. So I asked her why they don't come to Mallorca? Crazy, but happend. They extended their travel and visited us!!!

I wanted to blog about Catie's and Marian's summer visit for a while, but summer flew away too fast....
So here we are - 4 ladies standing one in front of each other. On the beach. On the majorcan beach. Yep!
IMG_2953_1
Marian, Rita, Catie and I
I lost my voice when Catie came. I think I was so excited that my body decided to switch off my voice. I couldn't even speak with my voice, I'm sorry, Catie! I can speak well now. I found my voice! :)

We spent wonderful time together, too short, but wonderful really. I'm SO HAPPY I knew you in person, Catie and Marian!

Catie and me
Marian and Rita


Cala Anguila
Toni, Arnau, Rita, Marian, Catie, me


A fabric baggy Catie gave me to pick up some woodland finds. Catie always carries some reausable shopping bags with her, bags that make difference and I love that! You can read more about cloth produce bags in her blog post: http://five-ten-fifteen.blogspot.com.es/2010/10/cloth-produce-bags.html

Catie and the mojito :)
Catie, the mojito and me :)
Read about Mallorca mojito the world's best on Catie's blog: http://five-ten-fifteen.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/mallorcan-mojito-worlds-best.html

We 4 in Palma


Ca'n Alcover in Palma
We walked in Palma. Just let ourselves go by the streets in the old town. We found Ca'n Alcover - a cultural foundation dedicated to Joan Alcover - mallorca poet. We found actors playing in the patio. It was magic.



Rita & Marian
Can you see a white swan sleeping?


A very narrow street in Palma
It was really magic.
Thank you, girls! 

10 comments:

  1. oh, anastasia...
    this is just so wonderful.
    it's like visiting you all over again - i had not seen some of these photos!
    thank you for the sweet tribute to missy.
    the beautiful necklaces you made for us are so special ~ she loved hers.
    i so happy that you & i have woven our lives together.
    ◄-l-o-v-e-►◄-l-o-v-e-►◄-l-o-v-e-►
    ♥catie

    p.s. i think etsy needs to hear about our story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Catie so, so much and you are so lucky to have met her in person (I will one day too!). I loved your retell of how you met online and how you met while she was in Spain. It's so special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatuful story and excellent pictures!!! Incredible how we can connect so intimately with someone physically so far away from us, only through words... I also made a very special connetion through Etsy.
    Un post molt bonic!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of you! I proudly sport my "Missy" badge on my car as well. How wonderful that you two could meet in person on your lovely island! Thank you for sharing your experience with your words and photos. I appreciated tagging along with Catie on her Instagram during her trip.

    Love,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post.
    all the joy.
    all the family love, the friendship love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful blogpost, Anastasia--I love the candid photos, and the joy in your 'voice'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it seems you had much fun :) thanks for sharing the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molt guapo aquesta entrada al blog, fet amb molta estimació! Faré una petita aportació del que he après a les rutes culturals d'una amiga meva (si la memòria i l'orinetació no me falla) El carrer tan estret és l'únic carrer particular que queda a Palma. És de l'època medieval.

    Cati

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also love catie. and catie loves you so i guess i love you too!! i was lucky enough to meet catie and marian during their european vacation as well...we live in paris and we spent the afternoon together!
    what a beautiful post about your time together! merci and nice to meet you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, everybody, for your love! ♥

    ReplyDelete