6/30/2014

A very exciting week

It was a very exciting week. I have participated in a 5 days ceramic workshop by Ramon Fort. Ramon Fort lives in a little town Llers in Catalonia. He is the founder and teacher of a pottery  residence where people from all over the world come to learn ceramics. So this time Ramon came to Mallorca to the pottery school where I was studing wheelthrowing to show us some exciting techniques!
It was such a pleasure to meet him in person and also all the people who shared these 5 days with me at the workshop! I had much fun and learned a lot!

My pieces - all made on the wheel.



Applying terra sigillata.


Sunset on the way back home.




Pure magic!



Part of my pieces finished with Obvara technique - love them!


"Painting" with a feather.


Raku "naked" below.




Myself in action :) You can also see the kiln we built during the workshop. Cool, yeah!?


"Painting" with hair.




Above is how my day started, below - how it finished  -a wedding at work.



Ahhhh!!!!!
Tomorrow I start ceramic molds course in Palma at Pilar and Joan Miró foundation. It will be intense 2 weeks course, but fun for sure!
Wishing you an exciting week!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Anastasia, it's such an inspiration to see your progress in ceramics. I love the beads you sent me, and you can see the feeling that went into them! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cannot believe the things you are making!
    most of those techniques i have never heard of.
    and a wedding at your beautiful hotel!
    such a lovely setting ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, my….! those pottery pieces!
    you've perfected the technique, for sure….

    ReplyDelete