5/20/2015

April - handful of spring



We had friends visit. I took them to my favourite places, they took me places.
We drunk a lot of good wine, mainly majorcan one. We spoke a lot, I understood something very important. Thank you, friends! 



I received my Littlel Owl Arts t-shirt which I love so much!

We planted pumpkins and zucchinis we grown from seeds. 



Melissa leaves, orange tree flowers, sage leaves and flowers - all it's natural aroma and power in a cup of tea.

I started attending wheelthrowing course at Pòrtol ceramics school again and worked on the wheel at home as much as ever...
I felt like wings growing on my back again....

Spring therapy, aromatherapy...

Jasmine

I made series of photos aromatherapy related. Which is your favourite scent?





Lavender

Breathe deep...









One of my fav mugs by Carnevale clay 

This lavender tea was really very relaxing...

Last mandarines of the season. Our mandarinas on the backyard are so so fragrant....

I worked mainly in the afternoons at the hotel. I cherished these quiet mornings, silence, savouring every moment.... 


Delicate fading colors....everchanging nature of the Nature...


A big ceramic bowl I made many many years ago...


I brought spring to my studio... Ahh and I made this little clay stamp I'll add to my creations...

New handbuilt scoops and spoons art deco inspired. These will be black-turquoise when finished.




Ah, and I was spoiled by this feature in Women in art magazine April issue!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you: growing wings is just the best! And congrats with the magazine feature - you so deserve it!
    The aromatherapy pictures are all so lovely, and I just realized you have the most stunning eyes. You look very lovely :)

    I have a thing with lavender, I use the ethereal oils for aromatherapy, healing and in most of the skin care products I make. And I want to thank you so much for the flowers you sent! They did - and do still - smell wonderfully. It's funny, as if they remind me of something, I can't put my finger on. Like a lingering memory somehow. And also the 'addition', the beautiful spoon. I love it - I have a thing with spoons too, and have a small collection of wooden spoons :)

    I feel so silly about not ordering the necklace you're wearing in picture no 18. I've been in love with it from the moment I saw it. But because of low budget, I'd been waiting. Too long, it seems. Maybe you could make another one for me some time? Or maybe that's not the way you work. In that case, I'll just wait and look for the next one calling out for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mona for all the compliments! :)
      I'm happy the flowers still smell :) And I love lavender too!
      Lavender doesn't grow in the place where I grew up, so it always been such an exotic kind of thing.
      Here now I'm growing lavender in my garden, I adore it! :)

      I'll mail you about the necklace!
      xo

      Delete
  2. I have smiled all the way through this post. The joy you feel for your work, family and friends, shine off the page!
    I love that you are taking wheel throwing classes again!!
    Your work is as amazing as ever :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and CONGRATULATIONS on your magazine article!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so so much, Joanne, your words mean so much to me!

      Delete
  3. So many beautiful photos, specially of you, Anastasia ! Really exquisite, just like your work !
    Congratulations on the magazine feature, much deserved !
    Have a great start to your week ! ox

    ReplyDelete